Monday 21 December 2009

St. Tropez and Fake Bake are sooooo over!


I'll be the first to admit, I've always been a bit of a "tan snob". I tried all the gradual tanners on the market, from £3 to about £15 and none of them I was never a fan of them. They were always too orange, streaky even when with gloves/mitt and the ones I did like (Piz Buin) were okay for a while until they became patchy.

SO. For the past two years I've been a Fake Bake addict and even though it was more pricey, it was a nice colour, foolproof to apply and made me a very happy, and tanned, lady. However, I got wind of this new "wonder tan" that was apparently almost the EXACT same product as St Tropez, but for £2.99, called St Moritz (some bottles are spelled St Moriz, weird company typo lol). At first I thought that it was ridiculous and wouldn't be any good, continuing my tan snobbery... but I thought to myself "if i try it out and its rubbish, im only losing £3 so what's there to lose?"

Well - i tried this tan 4 days ago and I have to say it was amazing! The mousse was light (although I was put off by the muddy green tinge it has!) and you can see where you're putting it. After waking up in the morning and washing off the guide I was left with a lovely natural tan colour! Seeing as im anaemic and terribly pale I put another few coats on, all streak free - and now I have the colour I want for a fraction of the cost.

I will say it is sometimes TOO quick drying, so you need to be quick applying it or you're left with dollops of colour, but other than that - flawless!

I am a complete convert and my new favourite tan is definately St Mori(t)z
I bought it for £2.99 at Semi Chem, but I've heard you can also get it at TJ Hughes and Home Bargains (I'm assuming it'll be any kind of discount store) but it's also available online, but for a slightly higher price because of packaging etc...
but I INSIST all St Tropez/Fake Bake addicts go out and at least try it for yourself. You'll be impressed!

xx

2 comments:

  1. St. Moriz is a really good rival to St tropez for a dark tan...but I have yet to find an everyday tanner as good as St tropez's version! Everything else stinks of biscuits or comes out streaky.x

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah that is a problem with tanners :( the yucky smell! :L for an every day tanner, I use the Dove Summer Glow lotionl. It goes a bit patchy unless you're ruthless with exfoliation but I like the colour and using a mitt, I don't get streaks. The only problem is the smell, BUT :) I've found after it's developed if you use a scented moisturiser, particularly moisturisers you get with perfume (I used my CK Euphoria one) it takes most of the smell away... suppose its worth a try :D x

    ReplyDelete